The Coconut Tree in a Small Village

While we're walking behind a small mountain, this tree captured my heart and mind. I found it so beautiful to looked at and I can't help it but took photos on it. I have seen photos of a Coconut Tree many times but at this moment, my heart told me to capture them. Which I believe it awaken my childhood memories about this tree.


My grandparents once told me about a story of a small village full of Coconut Trees. It was a story full of life, and it really happened during their childhood years.
"In a small village named Apil Oroquieta City which was composed of few families community, There lived 1 of the ordinary families known as Antipuesto.

Antipuesto, was one of the native persons in the village. I named him Gabino. Gabino was married to the most beautiful woman in the village named Convenciana. Gabino and Convenciana belong to an ordinary persons who have an ordinary lives.

One of their livelihood sources was the Coconut Tree. Coconut Tree is the most popular tree in the village because of what it can support and give to the people.

To the couple, coconut tree is their life. It gave them logs for houses, a healthy and fresh fruit and juice, the best source for vinegar and a lot more.

Many years passed, one of Gabino and Convenciana's daughter had a baby named "Neng-neng". 
Nengneng was a good girl but naughty. Everytime  she ran out of snack, she will just lists them and promised to pay it the next day.
Nengneng was taken care of by Gabino and Convenciana, her parents as well but her parents won't gave extra money for snacks.
Nengneng then told her grandfather, Gabino that she had a requirements at school which needed to pay the next day.
Gabino then told Nengneng to climbed up the coconut tree to get 1 nut to sell along her way to school. Nengneng then at the age of 9, climbed up the shortest coconut tree behind their backyard.

She got one and was very light which was not the usual weight of a coconut fruit. She wondered what was inside of it. She never waited a second but threw the nut on a very hard wall to be cracked. She then stunned because of a small pouch with full of money inside the nut."
You might say, it is like a movie, tale or anything like that but..... the story is true. 

It was her grandmother Convenciana who hid her savings inside the coconut shell. The savings for about 8 years was just found by Nengneng which Convenciana never told anybody about it, as she was always preparing for money in case of emergencies.
This story left a mark in my heart which inspires me to save at least a penny a day. I hope this story inspires you too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment