Google Searches on Awareness of Suicide Issue Increased - "13 Reasons Why"

It showed Google searches about suicide rose 19% following "13 Reasons Why". The show about the teen kills herself, which actually renewed for a second season.


This suicidal issue has been raised since many viewers have different concerns about it. And as the researchers confirmed about their worst fears of this issue.

Many fans have applauded since the ending of the series was for raising awareness about the tragedy of youth suicide and shedding light on how to spot warning signs of depression or suicidal thoughts.
I could say yes, it is best to detect if the person is struggling depressions to instantly give more attention to that person before its too late. It proved that, this show is effective since after the show, online searches about related suicide awareness and prevention increased.

On the other side, well series like this, is very critical to watch since it has always have a negative point. The mental health experts describe the show as worrisome and how it relates characters and graphic depiction of suicide can pose a health risk for young people already struggling with mental health issues.
 
For now, a new research paper aims to advance the debate, using Google search data.
Suicidal issue has been a problem to all countries especially to US. Causes? usually are depressions and have mental problems.

I was once a suicide thinker when I experienced to much pain, heartache, bullying from my friends, classmates even neighborhood. My brother hit me like no tomorrows, being far from my parents. I thought of suicide which, as far as I can remember that my life is worthless nobody loved me and all of those bad moments.

The only thing that turned my mind around and embrace life again was a conversation with my parents. I never opened up about suicide but my parents I believe thought and felt deeper than what they have seen on me.
My advice to all suicide thinker out there, don't be afraid to talk to your parents anytime, share your deepest thoughts because parents can absolutely understand you. Trust your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment