Is U-Gender Acceptable?


I am just taking into consideration from the news I read about "The First Baby Identified as U-Gender" which is meant "Unidentified or Unassigned" gender. 


Firstly, I would like to express my point of view!
Just a thought here "How could you not identify the gender"? Does it make sense? We know what determines a gender right? There are a lot of identification for such word. Well, reviewing Science Education here, let's consider the babies. The very obvious to identify the gender of the baby is their genital area. Literally, we have given just 2 genders to identify which are male and female.

If "U-Gender" exists then we cannot identify gender by genital area then.
Just a thought here, I think we could just leave the "M and F" gender for babies, then when they find out their "want gender" maybe the government can implement the "Change of Gender" into "U".
I am not against the U-Gender though, just making sense out of science and the knowledge learned here.

The news said "to let the baby decide when he/she grows up and if the baby can tell who he/she really is". There is a point on this, like we want the baby explore first and know who they are by themselves and they will decide their gender - This is actually an ideal perception especially the rising of LGBT which are accepted in some countries nowadays.
I believe this is the preparation made to accept the child's chosen gender in the future. Or it might lead to misconception of the baby? What if the baby would say "I might not belong in anywhere"? because literally U - means unidentified - The baby might feel the condition of being neglected.

Let me know you points of view then.

No comments:

Post a Comment